“Music Unites Us” generated the launch of the International Youth Band Festival in 1998.
True to its fundamental principle, namely cooperation between young people from around the world through music, the Festival continues its long journey.
Apart from the language of Music, its undeniable artistic value, and the importance of the participating music groups, the International Youth Band Festival is a social event that embraces not only the Municipality but also the entire Prefecture. It also stimulates young people and offers unique moments to all those who attend the concerts.
The fact that there are new bands every year, more and better bands, coming from places in Greece and abroad where the heart of music is beating, make the International Festival an integral part of the cultural and social reality of our country.
The round of events (joint rehearsals, joint performances in the Delta Municipality) aims at:
- approaching different working modes and methods,
- developing artistic and friendship ties between Greek and foreign music groups,
- communicating through cooperation and music,
- promoting innovative cooperation models with a focus on art and young people,
- endorsing the artistic amateur creativity of young people in their free time,
- establishing exchange programmes and linking them with corresponding events abroad.