The wind orchestra Giovanni XXIII was founded by the maestro Antonio Zizzamia as a project that involved the city of Pianezza, the secondary school “Giovanni XXIII” and Unecon association; the activity aims at making youths familiar with band music, offering them to learn playing a wind instrument.Since the initial 10 members under the baton of maestro Zizzamia in 2008, the orchestra counts currently about 50 members aged between 12 and 20 years old.
- In 2013 began a partnership between our orchestra and the Leipzig Jugend Blasorchester, Germany, with two concerts in Leipzig’s Marktplatz on occasion of some local festivities.
- This partnership continued in 2014, when the Orchestra hosted the Leipzig Jugend Blasorchester and together we played three concerts in Torino.
- In both 2014 and 2015 the Orchestra exhibited during Turin Music Festival, for the opening and closure concert, respectively.
- On 2015 the Orchestra won the first prize at the Wind Orchestra International Contest in Prague, competing in the higher class.
- Still in 2015, the Orchestra won the first prize of the Amilcare Ponchielli Competition in Cremona, competing in the third class.
- In 2016 the Orchestra has participated for the second time to the “NBJot” in Neubrandenburg, Germany.
- In July 2017 the orchestra took part to the World Music Contest WMC – Kerkrade In Holland, the most important contest for wind orchestra in Europe, winning the gold medal in the third category.