Large crowds, once again, bid farewell to the 23rd International Youth Band Festival, a unique event.
This festival has promoted the talent and interpretive excellence of young musicians. And has also given them the opportunity to develop relations with other young musicians from all over the world.
With a plethora of people who are familiar with this art, by speaking and communicating in a common language that needs no translation: MUSIC.
Some of the elements that marked the Festival content were:
- Contemporary artistic concerns,
- exchange of views,
- approaches to different cultural models and traditions,
- new artistic ideas,
- musical exchanges.
Following a long-established tradition, we once again boasted the participation of exceptional music bands:
- reflecting our steady orientation toward high artistic standards, and
- showing our intentions for the future.
This year’s participants were:
- Magic Brass Orchestra of Lamia Municipality, Greece
- Municipal Concert Band of Kalamaria Municipality, Greece
- Municipal Concert Band of Larnaka, Cyprus
- Philharmonic Society of Naousa, Greece
- Sindos Concert Band, Greece
- Thessaloniki Youth Band “Εpitonion”, Greece
In cooperation with “Diagonal” Dance School, Greece
- Totkomlos Youth Wind Symphonic Band, Hungary