Large crowds, once again, bid farewell to the 20th International Youth Band Festival, a unique event.
This festival has promoted the talent and interpretive excellence of young musicians. And has also given them the opportunity to develop relations with other young musicians from all over the world.
With a plethora of people who are familiar with this art, by speaking and communicating in a common language that needs no translation: MUSIC.
Some of the elements that marked the Festival content were:
- Contemporary artistic concerns,
- exchange of views,
- approaches to different cultural models and traditions,
- new artistic ideas,
- musical exchanges.
Following a long-established tradition, we once again boasted the participation of exceptional music bands:
- reflecting our steady orientation toward high artistic standards, and
- showing our intentions for the future.
The participants in the 20th International Youth Band Festival were:
- “Armonia” Symphonic Band of Paralimni Municipality, Cyprus
- Banda Municipal de Lleida, Spain
- Orchestra Di Fiati “Città Di Cisternino”, Italy
- Lovech Youth Wind Orchestra with Majorettes, Bulgaria
- Orpheus Lagadas Municipal Concert Band, Greece
- Sindos Concert Band, Greece
- S.P.O. Technical University Wind Band Riga, Latvia
- The Magic Brass Orchestra (Lamia), Greece